Why has the CHARTER Alliance been created?
CHARTER represents 47 actors from civil society, national heritage bodies, professional networks, education and training providers, enterprises as well as regional ecosystems. Their combined expertise guarantees an evidence-based holistic approach towards the heritage sector’s challenges and needs. The Alliance values an integrated approach that favours participative decision-making processes according to the partners’ level of engagement with cultural heritage, their competences, expertise and experience.
The organisations behind CHARTER represent both demand and supply sides. All are aware of the specific educational, occupational, and economic frameworks, policies and agendas of the EU that guide each work area and profession, as well the mechanisms required for up-skilling and reskilling to sustainably address the needs of a changing sector and its workforce.
- The education and training providers seek to improve clarity on curricula provision, types, levels and delivery routes to promote quality in learning outcomes, equivalence and mobility.
- The industry wishes to be certain of the availability of high-quality expertise, distributed regionally to facilitate the sustainable access, use and promotion of cultural heritage.
- Public bodies and agencies need to articulate policies that safeguard, sustain and promote cultural heritage for the common good by resourcing the transmission of skills.
- The people who work in the sector seek recognition for their roles and mission as these relate to experience, expertise and professional qualification.
Meet the members of the CHARTER Alliance
FULL AND AFFILIATED MEMBERS
Academic / Training field:
- Universitat de Barcelona (Spain)
- Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien (Austria)
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
- Fondazione Scuola dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali (Italy)
- Göteborgs universitet (Sweden)
- Università degli studi di Genova (Italy)
- Université Sorbonne Paris 13 Nord (France)
Industry / Employers partners:
- Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage (Ireland)
- Vlaams steunpunt voor cultureel erfgoed (Belgium)
- Institutul National al Patrimoniului (Romania)
- Kultur und Arbeit (Germany)
- Museovirasto – Finnish Heritage Agency (Finland)
- Nacionālā kultūras mantojuma pārvalde (Latvia)
- Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo (Italy)
- Zavod za varstvo kulturne dediščine Slovenije (Slovenia)
- An Chomhairle Oidhreachta – The Heritage Council HC (Ireland)
European / International networks:
- C.C.O. – European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers’ Organisations
- Verband der Restauratoren
- ENCATC – European Network for Cultural Management and Policy
- European Historic Houses
- ERRIN – European Regions Research and Innovation Network
- ICOMOS – International Council on Monuments and Sites
- NEMO – Network of European Museums Organisations (Deutscher Museumsbund e.V.)
- ADRAL – Agência de Desenvolvimento Regional de Alentejo (Alentejo, Portugal)
- Eusko Jaurlaritzaren (Euskadi, Spain)
- Freie Hansestadt Bremen (Bremen, Germany)
- Regione Toscana (Toscana, Italy)
- Västra Götaland Läns Landsting (Västra Götaland, Sweden)
- ICCROM- The International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
- ICOM – International Council of Museums | ICOM-CC and ICOM-ICTOP
- European Network for Conservation Restoration Education (ENCoRE)
- Europa Nostra
- European Association for Architectural Education
- Direzione Generale Educazione, Ricerca e Istituti Culturali (Italy)
- Office of Public Works (Ireland)
- Istituto Centrale per la Patologia degli Archivi e del Libro (Italy)
- Historic Environment Scotland (UK)
- Regione Lombardia (Italy)
- Viceconsejería de Cultura y Patrimonio Cultural. Gobierno de Canarias (Spain)
- Complexul National Muzeal ASTRA (Romania)
- ART-ER Attractiveness Research Territory – Emilia-Romagna (Italy)
- Pôle patrimoine. Réseau de coopération des acteurs du patrimoine culturel en Pays de la Loire (France)
- Teatro Pubblico Pugliese (Italy)
- EXARC – Experimental Archaeology (The Netherlands)
- Swedish Association for Building Conservation Contractors and Consultants (Sweden)
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa. Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia. Dep Conservação e Restauro (Portugal)
- CULTLAB – The Laboratory for the Study and Conservation of Ancient & Modern Cultural Properties. University of West Attica Faculty of Applied Arts and Culture (Greece)
Check more information about the CHARTER Alliance in the About us section.