Conference 2022 – Rethinking Cataloguing
At Collections Trust we believe that cataloguing should be an open ended, inclusive, and flexible activity. But how can we make this a reality? Building on forthcoming changes to the relevant parts of Spectrum, our conference theme this year is Rethinking Cataloguing.
This is our first in-person conference since 2019 and we look forward to seeing many of you in person again at Sheffield’s Millennium Gallery, where the networking over lunch will be as important as the programme itself. Our excellent line-up of speakers will:
- consider ethical principles for cataloguing;
- discuss the importance of transparency and recording past practice;
- and explore practical challenges and (hopefully) solutions for increasing access to collections information and managing contributions from different sources.
Tickets are on sale now. Click the links to book or to apply for a bursary.
- Early bird tickets are only £95 (inc VAT) SOLD OUT
- Full-price tickets are still a bargain at £110 (inc VAT).
- This year we are delighted to offer three bursaries covering travel expenses as well as a free ticket. Applications for bursaries closed at 5pm on Thursday 7 July 2022.
The conference programme, which can be found here, will be developing over the coming weeks and offers a mix of presentations, case studies, discussion sessions and opportunities for networking.
For those of you in Sheffield on Wednesday 5 October, we will be at the Rutland Arms from 7pm for a pre-conference meet up and pub quiz. Space is limited so please indicate if you’re hoping to join us. More information can be found here.
- Venue accessibility information can be found here.
- Breaks are scheduled in the programme approximately every 60-70mins.
- Live captions will be provided by MyClearText (subject to a technical test in August).
If you have a question about the conference or would like to suggest a presentation or discussion session, please email email@example.com