Digital transformation in the data space: measurement and assessment
Join this Europeana online symposium during the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union to gain an understanding of how data collection can evidence and further support the digital transformation in the heritage sector.
This Europeana online symposium during the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU will explore challenges and opportunities around data collection, and how this could help to evidence, and better support, the digital transformation of cultural heritage institutions. You will be introduced to and hear perspectives on indicators and measurements of digital transformation, and the reuse of collections, from important datasets including ENUMERATE.
Join members of the European Commission’s Expert Group on a common European data space for cultural heritage, relevant representatives from ministries of culture and cultural heritage institutions and other professionals to hear about:
- What more holistic indicators to help measure digital transformation might look like, and what we can do to address the data gaps.
- How we can work in partnership at different levels (from the EU to the institutional level) to create a richer picture of digital transformation.
- How we can emphasise care and value for the institutions that share their data, and how we can be most ethical and environmentally friendly.
- How we can move towards seeing data collection not just as a one-off, but a continued and mutually beneficial activity.
- How we can create greater social and economic impact for the sector and for society through better policy-making, more targeted support, and greater opportunities for the re-use of digital heritage data.
Please find the latest version of the draft programme here.