The European Climate Pact: Together in Action
The European Climate Pact is celebrating two years of taking climate action together, in our worlds, for our planet.
On 1 February 2023, The European Climate Pact is bringing together Climate Pact Ambassadors, experts and activists to take stock of the journey so far and discuss ways to build a more sustainable Europe for the future.
You can network with the people and organisations involved in the European Climate Pact, hear about their achievements, and learn how you can get involved.
- 12:30 – Onsite registration
- 14:00 – Welcome remarks by European Commission Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- 14:10 – “My world, my action, our planet: Showcase of Climate Pact Ambassadors driving the green transition,” an exchange between Executive Vice-President Timmermans, and Climate Pact Ambassadors:
- 15:05 – Coffee break
- 15:25 – “Connecting our worlds: How can citizens, communities, cities and regions team up for climate action?” with:
- Marta Fandlova, student activist and Climate Pact Ambassador from Slovakia
- Fons Janssen, Climate Pact Ambassador and Country Coordinator for Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg
- Morten Thorsby, Professional Footballer; Founder of the non-profit organisation We Play Green; and Climate Pact Ambassador
- Kata Tüttő, Deputy-Mayor of Budapest; Vice-Chair of the Commission for the Environment, Climate change and Energy at the European Committee of the Regions; and Climate Pact Ambassador
- 16:10 – “Rising from the crises: How can we work together to keep up hope and step-up action?” with:
- Anika Dafert, Austrian Youth Activist from Friday for Future movements
- Clara de la Torre, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Climate Action, European Commission
- Li An Phoa, Mobiliser and Founder of the community-led movement Drinkable Rivers
- Alessio Terzi, Economist and author of “Growth for Good: Reshaping capitalism to save humanity from the climate catastrophe”
- 17:00 – Networking cocktail
Hajar Yagkoubi, public speaker and youth inclusion expert, will moderate this event.
About the European Climate Pact
My World. My Action. Our Planet.
The European Climate Pact is a movement of people united around a common cause, each taking steps in their worlds to build a more sustainable Europe for us all. Launched by the European Commission, the Pact is part of the European Green Deal and is helping the European Union to meet its goal to become climate-neutral by 2050.
Everyone is welcome to join the movement. You can get involved whether you are just starting out on your climate action journey or already working to make a difference in your world. If you haven’t already, why not make an #EUClimatePact pledge today.