The European Union’s Council of Culture Ministers approved the EU Work Plan for Culture 2023–2026 on 29 November 29 2022. For the next four years, the agreement will guide EU cooperation on culture.
- Read the full Resolution on the EU Work Plan for Culture 2023-2026
The resolution on the EU Work Plan focuses on 4 different but complementary priorities:
- Artists and cultural professionals: empowering the cultural and creative sectors
- Culture for the people: enhancing cultural participation and the role of culture in society
- Culture for the planet: unleashing the power of culture
- Culture for co-creative partnerships: strengthening the cultural dimension of the EU external relations
It also sets out 21 actions covering specific issues such as: the working conditions of artists; the role of culture for health and well-being; access to culture, cultural participation and democracy; the role of libraries; the sectors’ green and digital transitions; culture, cultural heritage and climate change; quality built environment; international cultural relations, including Ukraine.